Monday, September 29, 2008

But God - Apples of Gold - September 29, 2008 -vi-

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for September 29, 2008

“But God”


Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

It’s Monday, and problems are coming at you like a 100 miles-an-hour fastball.

What can you do?  Is there any way to turn those problems around?

Well let me tell you, God is the God of the turnaround.

The river can be flowing in one direction, but God can turn it around. 

The flowers may be wilting, but God can make them bloom again.

Now did you catch those two little words I just said?  Here they are again, “But God.”

Many times in the Bible we find these two little words.  Just two little words, but what a powerful meaning!

For example, look at the story of Joseph.  His brothers were jealous of him, so they sold him into Egypt as a slave; BUT GOD was with him.  (Acts 7:9)

Later Joseph told his brothers, “You intended to harm me, BUT GOD intended it for good…” (Genesis 50:20) 

For seven years there was going to be famine in the land, BUT GOD sent Joseph ahead of his family to save their lives.  (Genesis 45:7)

Later the Egyptians turned the Jews into slaves, BUT GOD brought them out of Egypt with a mighty hand.  (Deuteronomy 6:21)

Listen to this prophetic word for King Jehoshaphat:  Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the battle is not yours, BUT GOD’S.  (2 Chronicles 20:15)

The prophet Joel said:  The heavens and earth will shake, BUT GOD will be a shelter for His people.  (Joel 3:16)

Listen to these verses from the Psalms:

My flesh and my heart may fail, BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)

A righteous man may have many troubles, BUT GOD delivers him from them all.  (Psalm 34:19)

I was pushed back and about to fall, BUT GOD helped me.  (Psalm 118:13)

Listen to what Paul wrote to Timothy:  Everyone deserted me, BUT GOD stood at my side and gave me strength.  (First Timothy 4:16-17)

Ephesians 2 tells us we were dead in our trespasses and sins, BUT GOD, who is rich in mercy and who loves us with a great love, has made us alive.  (Ephesians 2)

Romans 5 says it is rare for someone to die for another, BUT GOD showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

Men crucified Jesus, the author of life, BUT GOD raised Him from the dead.  (Acts 2:23-24)

Yes, we still face many temptations, BUT GOD is faithful, and will not let us be tempted beyond what we can bear.  (First Corinthians 10:13)

Yes, men may judge us by our outward appearance, BUT GOD looks at the heart.  (First Samuel 16:7)

No, not many of us were wise when He called us, nor influential or of noble birth, BUT GOD chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.  God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.  (First Corinthians 1:26-28)

Proverbs 16 says that a man’s heart plans his way, BUT GOD directs his steps.

We know that life has its problems, BUT GOD works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.  (Romans 8:28)

Yes, enemies may rise up, BUT GOD is for me.  Who can be against me?  (Romans 8:31)

Yes, I’m a sinner, BUT GOD is my Savior.

Yes, I am weak, BUT GOD is strong.

Yes, I am lacking, BUT GOD supplies all my needs.

No, I can do nothing on my own, BUT GOD strengthens me to do all things.

Yes, the Red Sea may stand in my way, BUT GOD can part the waters.

Whatever situation we are facing, God can turn it around.  It’s His specialty.  He’s done it before and He’ll do it again.

So no matter what you are going through today, look up.  Fix your mind on things above. 

Yes, your problems may be coming at you like a 100 miles-an-hour fastball.  But a great big bat is ready to take a swing, and on it are these two little words, “But God.”


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.
  

© 2008 The Arrow’s Tip
To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: