Friday, February 04, 2011

This is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life - Apples of Gold - February 4, 2011 -vi-

Click here to listen to the radio version.   

Click here to search the AOG archives.

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for February 4, 2011

“This is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

“This is the first day of the rest of your life.”

I love that line from the song “Hold Us Together” by Matt Maher.  (pronounced Mar)

It’s like an anthem at the end of the song, “This is the first day of the rest of your life.”

All that old baggage?  Kiss it goodbye.  That was the old me.

The old has gone, the new has come!  (Second Corinthians 5:17)

“Yeah, but what about…?”

I have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man which was created according to God in true righteousness and holiness.  (Colossians 3:9-10 and Ephesians 4:22-24)

“Well, I don’t have to trust you.”

No, that’s okay.  I don’t even trust myself.  I’m putting all my trust in Jesus.  I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.  (Philippians 4:13)

And this is the first day of the rest of my life.

“What about all the people you have to please?”

I don’t have to “please” anyone except my Savior, but through Him I have the privilege to love people, and He gives me an inexhaustible supply of love to love them with.

I love and serve people with joy because of Christ in me!

“Are you afraid?”

Perfect love casts out fear, and I have access to the perfect love of God through the Holy Spirit inside me.  (First John 4:18)

Love is the power position.  When you love people, you don’t have to fear them because love puts you in the power position.

I fear no man, only God.  In God I have put my trust, and I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?  (Psalm 56:11)

I am not afraid, but I am excited, because this is the first day of the rest of my life!

I am not my own.  I was bought with a price, and I am important.  (First Corinthians 6:20)

I offer up my body as a living sacrifice to my Lord and Savior.  (Romans 12:1)

Here I am, Lord.  I am Yours, fully and completely.  Take me and use me as Your own. 

“What about your old ways of thinking?”

I have the mind of Christ!  (First Corinthians 2:16)

I set my mind on things above, not on things on the earth.  (Colossians 3:2)

Through Christ my mind is renewed!  (Romans 12:2)

And this is the first day of the rest of my life!

“What about all the obstacles?  What about the aggravations, even the enemies in your way?”

I walk by faith and not by sight.  (Second Corinthians 5:7)

My faith is in my Savior Jesus Christ who loved me and gave Himself for me.  (Colossians 2:5 and Galatians 2:20)

I walk in the Spirit, with the Comforter teaching me all things.  (Galatians 5:16 and John 14:26)

My mind will explode with new ideas and insights as the Holy Spirit, that living water, bubbles up inside me.  (John 7:38-39)

“But you are weak.”

Ha!  Good!  When I am weak, He is strong!  (Second Corinthians 12:9)

His Spirit rises up within me and flexes the same might He used to raise Christ from the dead!  (Ephesians 1:18-21)

And, in a sense, He raises me from the dead every day, to lead a new life with Him. 

This is the day that the Lord has made!  I will rejoice and be glad in it!  (Psalm 118:24)

For this really is the first day of the rest of my life!


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.

(close with the bridge from “Hold Us Together” by Matt Maher)


© 2011 The Arrow’s Tip 
 To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one: 
douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000
-vi-

No comments: