Friday, March 03, 2017

Think of the Crown of Thorns

 
I’m Doug Apple...and my heart is on fire! (Luke 24:32)

Think of the crown of thorns, brother.

When you think you’re going to sin a little, and it’s okay, because Jesus forgave you, or will forgive you, or whatever….think of the crown of thorns, brother.

Of all the things He suffered, man, He suffered for our SINS.

Those sins that separated us from God, He suffered for those.

He suffered so we could be forgiven and made right with God.

And then we’ll so easily return to the hog slop...after a meal with the King has been prepared?

“But I’m saved, Doug, I’m free! I have the righteousness of Christ so I’m free from the bondage of the law. I live under grace, so I can pretty much do whatever I want.”

I’m saying take a good, hard look, under the bright light. Then answer the question, “Is it sin?”

If it is, drop it. Drop it immediately and walk away.

And if you need a little motivation, remember that our forgiveness came at a price, and a transaction was made, and if you are a saved, born again Christian, you are not your own. You belong to God and you were bought at a price, therefore glorify God in your body and your spirit, which belong to God. (First Corinthians 6)

We. Belong. To God.

He saved us so we could be with Him, be close to Him, be His.

We are His. We are to be like Him. And He is holy.

And our sin, even as His children, will block up the works, quench and grieve His Spirit, and make us stink.

So the next time you are willing to throw caution to the wind and step your big boot right into that steamy, stenchy cow pie of sin...think of the crown of thorns, brother.

Think of the crown of thorns.

God bless you, today.

I’m Doug Apple.

No comments: