Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Plain of Ono - Apples of Gold - March 12, 2009 -vi-

This one is probably better heard than read.

 

To listen to the radio version, click here.

 

To search archives, click here.

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for March 12, 2009

“The Plain of Ono”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

(begin music)

I wiped the dirt off my hand, then wiped the sweat from my brow.

I squinted in the blazing sun, and turned north, toward the Plain of Ono.

“Come again,” I said.

“It’s an invitation, sir.  They want to meet you in one of the villages on the plain of Ono.”

It was no invitation.  It was a plot.

“How should I respond, sir?”

“Respond?  Yes.  Tell them this:  I am carrying on a great work and cannot come.  Why should the work stop so I can meet with you?”

Four times they sent the same message, and four times I sent the same answer:  No.

The fifth time the invitation came with a threat.  “We plan to tell the king that you are planning a revolt.  Come, let us meet together.”

So that’s their plan.  Turn the king against me. 

“How should I respond, sir?”

“Tell them:  Nothing even close to a revolt is happening.  It’s all in your head.”

Yes, the great work would continue.  They were trying to weaken us with fear.  Weaken me with fear.

I bowed my head in the sun, turned my palms toward heaven and said, “Now strengthen my hands.”

Another day I went to the house of Shemaiah.  He said, “Men are coming by night to kill you.  Let us hide in the temple.”

I squinted straight into his eyes.  He looked away.

“Should a man like me run away?” I said.  “I will not.” 

He was a hireling.

I walked out into the dusty, vacant street.  “O my God, remember those who are trying to intimidate me.”

Well, we were not intimidated.  We did not shrink back with fear.  And the great work was finished - in 52 days. 

In just 52 days we rebuilt the great wall of
Jerusalem.

“A great work, Nehemiah!”

“Yes, my friend.  A great work – done with the help of our God.”

I walked among my countrymen.  Their world was changing right before their eyes.

“Remember me with favor, O my God, for all I have done for these people.”

I squinted in the blazing sun and turned toward the north.

“Thank You.  For the courage.  For the strength. And for keeping me out of the plain of Ono.”

(music out)

Taken from Nehemiah chapter 6

 

© 2009 The Arrow’s Tip
To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: