Wednesday, February 03, 2010

How To Never Fail In Life - Apples of Gold - February 3, 2010 -vi-

Click here to listen to the radio version.   

Click here to search the AOG archives.

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for February 3, 2010

“How To Never Fail In Life”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

How would you like to join a team that never loses?

How would you like to invest in a business that always makes a fantastic profit?

Well I want you to really meditate on these three words in First Corinthians 13:8.

“Love never fails.”

So the more we love, the less we fail, because love never fails.

Now maybe the word “love” sounds weak to you, like cupids and hearts and silly little Valentines.

But how does “never fail” sound?  Does that sound weak?

To me that sounds powerful!  “Never fail” is the team I want to be on.

Love never fails, so the degree to which I love is the degree to which I don’t fail.

Love doesn’t make you a doormat.  Love makes you a powerhouse!

Love is a juggernaut that overpowers everything in its way.

Love is fearless.  Like it says in First John 4:18, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear…”

So you want to be fearless?  Then let love permeate your life.

“Well Doug, I just don’t feel it, man.  I don’t feel all that love you’re talking about.”

Romans 5:5 says, “…God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.”

As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit living inside of us, God’s Holy Spirit.  And through the Holy Spirit inside of us, God pours out His love into our hearts.  That’s why love is a fruit of the Spirit, as it says in Galatians 5:22.

So God’s love is there, in our heart.  We just have to put off the old man, this hard old crusty shell that keeps His love from coming out. 

In this world we learn to put on a crusty exterior just to keep from getting crushed.  But now we don’t need it because we have something far better, far more able to protect us, and that is love.

Ephesians 5:2 says to “…live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us…”

First Corinthians
16:14 says, “Do everything in love.”

Romans 13:10 says, “…love is the fulfillment of the law.”

First Peter 4:8 says, “Above all, love each other deeply…”

First Peter 1:22 says, “…love one another deeply, from the heart…”

Over and over Jesus taught us to love people, including our enemies.  And He set the example by laying down His life.

He gave up His life for us, and told us in John 15:12, “Love each other as I have loved you.”

James 2:8 says this is the “royal law…love your neighbor as yourself…”

Now listen to this.  Do you want to never fail in any relationship?  Then love them.

Every person you look at, every person you encounter is someone you love.

Whenever you are dealing with someone, you should say to yourself, “This is someone I love.”

It’s hard to lash out when this is someone I love.

It’s hard to be racist when this is someone I love.

It’s hard to steal when this is someone I love.

It’s hard to hold a grudge when this is someone I love.

It’s hard to cheat with a man’s wife when he is someone I love.

It’s hard to be quiet about the gospel when this is someone I love.

“But Doug, I don’t know where to begin.  I’m just not the lovey-dovey type.”

Okay, start small.  You don’t have to make any grand world-beating claims.  Start with the people who end up standing right there in front of you.  Just look at their face and think, “This is someone I love.  I will deal with them as if they are someone I love, because they are.”

When you do this, you will feel the power of love grow within you.

Martin Luther said a powerful thing in his 95 theses.  In number 44 he wrote, “…by works of love, love grows and a man becomes a better man…”

So just start.  Start loving people one step at a time.

And watch as defeats become victories, as depressing situations become victorious situations. 

You will begin to walk from victory to victory as love works its way through your life.

So get on the winning team! 

Come to the side of love and learn how to never fail in life because like it says in First Corinthians 13:8, “Love never fails.


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.


© 2010 The Arrow’s Tip 
 To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: