Tuesday, April 13, 2010

O Love the Lord All Ye His Saints - Apples of Gold - April 13, 2010 -vi-

Click here to listen to the radio version.   

Click here to search the AOG archives.

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for April 13, 2010

“O Love the Lord All Ye His Saints”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

How long has it been since you expressed your love to the Lord?

How long has it been since you just took some time to say, “I love You, Lord”?

If it’s been a while, maybe Jesus is asking you just what He asked Peter after His resurrection.

In John 21 Jesus flat out asked Simon Peter if he loved Him.

“Yes, Lord,” Peter said, “You know that I love You.”

Then Jesus asked him again, “Do you truly love Me?”

“Yes, Lord, You know that I love You.”

And Jesus asked a third time, “Do you love Me?”

And finally Peter said, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Now think about yourself.  Yes, you may love the Lord, and yes He knows all things, but you know what?  Love needs to be expressed!

Jesus could have been satisfied with reading Peter’s mind, with looking into his heart and finding love; but He wasn’t.  He wanted Peter to say it and say it again.

So have you said it lately?  If not, now is a good time.  Just let the Lord know, just like David did in Psalm 18, “I love You…”

In Psalm 31 David wrote, “O love the Lord, all ye His saints…”

In fact, you can just sing out your love for the Lord!  One of my all time favorite love songs to the Lord is “I Love You (Lord Today).”  The first time I heard it was back in the 80’s when I went to hear a Gospel choir on campus.  I had never heard it before, but I’ve been singing it ever since.

I could play a professional version for you, but here’s how a regular person like you and me posted it on the internet – posted their love for the Lord for all the world to hear!

I love You,
I love You,
I love You, Lord, today.
Because You cared for me in such a special way.
That’s why I praise You, I lift You up, and I magnify Your name.
That’s why my heart is filled with praise.

Listen, when you love God, it doesn’t just sit there.  It comes out!

When you love the Lord, there is a response.

Jesus said that those who have been forgiven much, love much.

We love Him because He first loved us.

Are you a writer, maybe a poet, maybe a song writer?  Then use that gift to express your love to the Lord.

Byron Cage did it in his song “We Love You” and here’s a bit of it he recorded with J Moss.

We love You, Lord, we love You,
We love You, Lord, we love You,
We lift our voice to bless You,
We lift our hands to reach You,
We life our hearts to love You,
Holy (holy) is Your wonder,
We present our bodies,
A living sacrifice,
Holy and acceptable to You,
We love You,
We love You, Lord, we love You,
We love You, Lord, we love You.

Maybe you aren’t a writer.  Maybe you are a painter or a sculptor.  Maybe you’re a graphic designer. 

Use those gifts to express your love for the Lord!

James
1:12 says that God has promised a crown of life “to those who love Him.”

James 2:5 says God has promised a kingdom to those who love Him.

Psalm 145 says, “The Lord watches over all who love Him…”

First Corinthians 8:3 says “…the man who loves God is known by God.”

Do you love Him?

First Corinthians 2:9 says, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Do you love Him?

All things work together for good for whom?

This is our top priority.  Jesus called it the number one commandment, to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. 

So express it!

When you love, there is a response.  There is a giving.  There is a giving of it all!

So give it up for the Lord today!

If you love Him, use your gifts and your talents and your opportunities to express it.

In whatever way you can, communicate that simple but profound message.

“Lord, I love You.”


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.

close with a clip from the Love Medley by God’s Chosen:

I love You, Jesus,
I worship and adore You,
Just want to tell You,
Lord I love You,
More than anything.


© 2010 The Arrow’s Tip 
 To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: