Friday, April 02, 2010

Yet - Apples of Gold - April 2, 2010 -vi-

Click here to listen to the radio version.   

Click here to search the AOG archives.

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for April 2, 2010

“Yet”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

It’s Friday. 

Jesus has died and He has not risen from the dead.  Yet.

It’s 2010.  Jesus hasn’t returned.  Yet.

Abraham was a hundred years old.  God promised him a son, but he sure didn’t have one.  Yet.

No matter what Moses did, Pharaoh just would not let the children of
Israel go.  He simply did not fear the Lord God.  Yet.

The Israelites wondered in the wilderness for 40 years.  They had not received their so-called Promised Land.  Yet.

When they got to the Promised Land, Caleb said, “Behold, I am this day 85 years old.  Yet I am as strong today as I was the day Moses sent me!”

Mighty Samson’s hair was cut, his eyes were gouged out, and he was made a slave.  He had no opportunity to rain judgment down on his Philistine captors.  Yet.

The word of the Lord was rare in the days of Eli, and the young man Samuel had never heard a word from God.  Yet.

The giant Goliath taunted the Israelites, and God, day after day, and not one man of Israel dared to stand up to him.  Yet.

“I had many brothers,” David said, “Bigger brothers, yet the Lord chose me to be king over all Israel.”

“We have sinned,” said Ezra.  “We have broken faith and dealt treacherously against our God.  Yet now there is still hope for Israel!”

“The Israelites repeatedly turned from You Lord.”  That’s what Nehemiah prayed.  “They did evil before You.  Therefore You left them in the hand of their enemies.  Yet when they returned and cried out to You, You heard from heaven; and many times You delivered them according to Your mercies.”

Job said of the Lord, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.”

The Psalmist wrote, “I have been young, and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”

The sons of Korah said, “Why art thou downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.”

Psalm 119 says, “Trouble and anguish have come upon me, yet Your commandments are my delight.”

Yet is the hinge that the big door swings on.  Yet is the sunshine waiting just behind the clouds.  Yet is the breeze that blows the fog away. 

In Isaiah 54 the Lord said, “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken.”

Jeremiah 14 says, “O Lord…our backslidings are many; we have sinned against thee.  Yet thou, O Lord, art in the midst of us, and we are called by thy name…”

Jeremiah 50 says, “The people of Israel are oppressed…all their captors hold them fast…yet their Redeemer is strong; the Lord Almighty is His name!”

Lamentations says, “Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion.”

Habakkuk said, “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior!”

Yet is the key that unlocks the door.  Yet is the wrecking ball that demolishes obstructions.  Yet is the letter of hope that arrives on the gloomiest day.

Jesus said, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns…yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”

Of the man who built his house on the rock Jesus said, “The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.”

Jesus Himself was tempted in every way, just as we are – yet was without sin.

Then while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us!

He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God!

After He arose, Jesus told Thomas, “Blessed are they that have not seen…yet have believed.”

Paul wrote, “And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled!”

He wrote, “We do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.”

My friend, your road may be rocky, but there is hope!  A yet is just ahead, a fork in the road.  Turn and let it take you closer to God.

John said we are the children of God and what we shall be has not been revealed.  Yet.

And Hebrews 10 tells us to keep up our confidence, and keep enduring, “for yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry.”

God is not done. 

Your story is not complete.

Your Savior is not finished with His great work in your life.

Yet.


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.



© 2010 The Arrow’s Tip 
 To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: