Monday, January 12, 2009

I Am the Lord, In Its Time I Will Do This Swiftly - Apples of Gold - January 12, 2009 -vi-

To listen to the radio version, click here.

 

To search archives, click here.

 

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for January 12, 2009

“I Am the Lord – In Its Time I Will Do This Swiftly”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

Are you waiting for God to come through for you?

Are you praying for a breakthrough, yet it seems like nothing is happening?

Then I have a word for you, from Isaiah 60:22.  It says, “I am the Lord; in its time I will do this swiftly.”

That’s a great message in three parts. 

The first part is “I am the Lord,” which pretty much settles everything.

The third part is “I will do this swiftly,” which is hard to swallow when you keep waiting and waiting.

But the second part clears it up a bit.  It says, “…in its time…”

Yes, it will happen swiftly…when the time is right.

You may not see any progress.  You might feel like giving up, but do not lose heart.  It can all change in an instant. 

God told Noah He was going to flood the earth, but He didn’t, not for a long time.  But then in an instant the floodgates were opened.

God told Abraham and Sarah that they would have a baby, but they didn’t, not for a long time.  But then in an instant Sarah became pregnant with Isaac.

God foretold the coming of the Messiah, but He didn’t come, not for a long time.  But then suddenly He was here.  And in one weekend He shed His blood, died, and rose again for our salvation.

Just before His ascension, Jesus told the disciples to go to
Jerusalem and wait. 

Wait?  Why wait?  Why wait for anything?

It’s the waiting that drives us crazy.  It’s like a huge waste of time.

But Jesus told them to wait, so they did. 

Then, in its time, He did it swiftly.  On the day of Pentecost they were suddenly baptized with the Holy Spirit, just as Jesus had said.

Saul was an enemy of the faith, persecuting Christians.  But in an instant, on the road to Damascus, his life was completely changed.  It didn’t happen soon enough to save Stephen before he was stoned.  It didn’t happen before some Christians were arrested.  But it finally did happen, and when it happened, it happened swiftly.  Saul became Paul.  He was quickly and suddenly changed.

In my own life, many people were praying for me.  It probably seemed like I would never come around.  But then one night at a little church God just reached out and took me for His own.  It may not have happened soon, but in its time it happened swiftly.

The Israelites were slaves in Egypt longer than the United States has been in existence.  I’m sure each generation cried out for freedom.  But in its time, it happened swiftly.

Moses spent 40 years tending sheep in the wilderness.  Forty years is a big chunk of life.  He probably thought that was it; but then – the burning bush.  In its time, Moses’ life changed swiftly.

King Hezekiah turned the nation back to the Lord, and look what it says in Second Chronicles 29:36.  “Hezekiah and all the people rejoiced at what God had brought about for His people, because it was done so quickly.”

Yes, we all want things done quickly, and we want them done right now.  But often God doesn’t work that way.  Often He wants us to wait. 

I remember working in secular radio, and one day I felt the conviction that if I could do my work as a full time ministry, then I should.  So I applied at a couple Christian radio stations and waited for God to hand me a job.

It didn’t happen.

I prayed and prayed, but it didn’t happen.

What’s the deal with this?  I thought God wanted me to serve Him fulltime?  Now I step out and nothing happens?

I wrestled with that for a few months, but I stayed open to God’s plan.  Then, in its time, it happened swiftly.  I was hired by a Christian radio station, got married that Saturday, and our honeymoon was spent moving, starting our new life together in a completely new situation.

So are you waiting on the Lord today?  Don’t give up.  In Luke 18 Jesus said to always pray and not give up. 

It may seem like the Lord’s answers are slow, but Second Peter 3 indicates that the Lord is not slow, He’s just patient.  But then when the time is right, boom!  He is swift, like a thief in the night.

So don’t lose heart.  Don’t give up hope.  Keep the faith and keep trusting in Him. 

And hold onto this word today.

“I am the Lord; in its time I will do this swiftly.”


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.
 

© 2009 The Arrow’s Tip
To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: