Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tools of Strength - Apples of Gold - April 28, 2009 -vi-

You might want to listen to this one – the music really sets the tone.

 

To listen to the radio version, click here.

 

To search archives, click here.

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for April 28, 2009

“Tools of Strength”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

(start music)

In quietness and trust I find my strength.

When I am weak, I am strong.

I am humble before the Sovereign Lord.

I am saved, not by me, but by Jesus.

He dwells in my heart through faith.

I am strengthened by His Spirit in my inner man.

My faith is not in this world, but in the Lord my God.

He gives me strength.

I can do this, because He gives me strength.

I live by truth, I walk in truth, I trust fully in the truth.  The truth makes me strong.

I believe in righteousness.  I am righteous through Christ, and I choose to live in righteousness.  Righteousness makes me strong.

I am ready to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the life-changing, world-altering Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.  The Gospel of Peace is on my lips, and this makes me strong.

I am a man of the Word of God.  I do not take my word for things, but I dig into The Word.  There I find truth, and His Spirit within me confirms it.  This is the Sword of the Spirit, and this makes me strong.

I am a man of prayer.  I pray daily, seeking the Lord, His face, the outpouring of His Spirit, His will to be done on earth.  I pray for saints, for the church, for growth, and for the spread of the Gospel with boldness.  I am a man of prayer, and prayer makes me strong.

My heart is fully committed to the Lord.  Nothing on earth can sway me from Him.  His eyes search the earth for a heart like this, and I want Him to notice mine.  A heart fully committed to the Lord is a heart that He makes strong.

Laughter is a window, a breath of fresh air, but joy is a cornerstone.  Joy comes to stay.  It’s the joy of the Lord, and the joy of the Lord makes me strong.

In me is no despair.  There is no quitting, no giving up, no weariness or fatigue.  My hope is untouchable because it is not here.  My hope is in the Lord, and this hope makes me strong.

These are the tools of strength. 

I sharpen them and keep them clean.  They never age or gather dust.  I learn more daily to use them with skill and precision.

They are mine, and they can be yours.

They are available to all.

They are gifts from the Lord. 

They are tools of strength.


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.


Isaiah 30:15 “This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says, ‘In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.”

2 Corinthians
12:10 “That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

James
4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”

Ephesians 6:17a “Take the helmet of salvation…”

Ephesians
3:17 “…that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith…”

Ephesians 3:16 “…that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man…”

Ephesians
6:16 “…take up the shield of faith…”

2 Thessalonians 3:3  “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one…”

Philippians
4:13  “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

Ephesians 6:14, 15 “Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.”

Ephesians 6:17, 18  “Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.  With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.”

2 Chronicles 16:9 “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him…”

Nehemiah
8:10 “…for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

Isaiah 40:31 “…but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength…”

Exodus 15:2  “The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.”

Psalm 29:11  “The LORD gives strength to His people…”

1 Chronicles
16:11  “Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.”

Ephesians
6:10  “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power…”


© 2009 The Arrow’s Tip 
To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: