Wednesday, June 17, 2009

IntelliGender - Apples of Gold - June 17, 2009 -vi-

To listen to the radio version, click here.

 

To search archives, click here.

Apples of Gold
 

Radio Script for June 17, 2009

“IntelliGender”

 

Hello, I’m Doug Apple…with Apples of Gold.

My wife and I never did find out our baby’s gender ahead of time.

It’s like opening your gifts early and spoiling Christmas.

And after all, it’s more fun to fight about two names instead of one.

But really, there’s nothing quite like waiting until the thrill of the moment, after all the excitement and labor and breathing and pushing and – oh, oh, there it is!  It’s a . . .

Well for us, three times they said, “It’s a girl!” and one time they said, “It’s a boy!” and every time it was the most thrilling moment in life. 

So I can’t relate to this rush to know your baby’s gender.  Even when we had sonograms we said, “No, don’t tell us.”

And don’t forget all the old wives tales.  For example, they say you’re going to have a girl:
--If you are craving sweets.
--Or if you are moodier than usual.
--Or if your hair develops red highlights.

But now there is a company called IntelliGender selling what they call an in-home gender prediction test.  For $35 you can run your own urine analysis and find out if you have a boy or a girl.  They say it’s 80 to 90% accurate.

Well the other day I heard a Catholic leader talking about it, and he warned that some mothers might go get an abortion if the baby wasn’t what they wanted.

Now I see his point, and I hope and pray to God that no mother would do that.  It’s sick to even think about.

But I really like the idea of this early gender test, and here’s why.

It instantly humanizes that thing growing inside you.  As soon as you take that test, you no longer have some nonspecific “fetus.”  You have a boy.  Or you have a girl.  Either way, it’s a real live human being in there.

Do you see how that instantly humanizes the unborn child?

It stirs up visions of pink frilly dresses, or tiny Superman outfits.

Yes, I don’t doubt that there might be a few sick people who will decide to abort – probably their little girl – to hold out for a child of the other kind.

But I think that far more people will get it.  Their eyes will be opened that “Hey, that’s not just some fetus.  That’s not a little blob of tissue.  That’s my little girl!”

It’s one more window into the womb, and the more windows we have, the more pro-life we become.

A major strategy among pro-lifers is to provide sonograms to pregnant women.  Why?  Because it’s a window to the womb.  It’s a picture that says a thousand words.  Look at the hands.  Look at the feet.  Look at that precious face. 

But I will admit, I am naïve.  I remember when I first saw the beautiful full color photographs they were able to take of living babies inside their mothers.  Those pictures are simply jaw-dropping in beauty and clarity.  When I saw those I thought, “This is the end of abortion.  Soon every young woman will have seen these pictures and will know exactly what they are doing and who they are doing it to when they have an abortion.”

And I’m sure those photos have caused many to choose life.  And yet somehow we are still knocking out thousands of abortions each day in America.

“But Doug.  It’s legal.”

Laws must sit on a foundation of truth.  Our current abortion laws do not.  They are built on the notion that children have no rights until they are outside their mother’s womb.

It’s as if they are not human beings.  Is that scientific?  We Americans, we love our science.  But science says that at conception a unique human being is created with their own unique DNA. 

Yes, they are inside their mother, but they have their own blood type and their own brain waves.  If you could scan heartbeats in the room, you would get two:  the mother’s and the child’s.

I think someday we will look back on this time in American history and decry the barbarity of abortion. 

But for now we must continue to educate women about what is really going on – that what is inside them, starting at conception, is their very own, very real child.

And I think that education will be advanced with this little test that will open a window to their womb and announce, “It’s a . . .”


Comments?

E-mail me:  dougapple@wave94.com.

May God bless you today!  With Apples of Gold…I’m Doug Apple.


I wish the company was not calling this a “gender prediction test.”  It’s not really “predicting” anything.  Rather, it is revealing what is already so.

© 2009 The Arrow’s Tip 
To subscribe to your own daily “Apples of Gold” e-mail, write dougapple@wave94.com.
If you want to be removed from this e-mail list, simply click reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject line.
If you want to catch “Apples of Gold” in its original audio format, go to www.wave94.com
To search through the large archive of past articles, go here:  http://www.wave94.com/modules.php?name=Stories_Archive
If you have trouble reaching me at my main e-mail address, try this one:  douglas_apple@msn.com

(Proverbs 25:11 – “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”)

Why “The Arrow’s Tip”?  Each morning, after diligently seeking the Lord, I write Apples of Gold.  Then before I release it to the public I pray one final prayer, “Lord, send forth your arrows.”  I envision Apples of Gold as arrows, tips dipped in the river of the water of life that flows from the throne of God (Rev. 22:1), sailing toward the hearts and minds of men and women around the world.

Doug Apple
General Manager - Wave 94
Christian Radio for
Tallahassee
PO Box 4105
Tallahassee, FL  32315
(850) 926-8000

-vi-

No comments: